Saturday, March 3, 2007

McGrath is best with new ball.

'I want the new ball' - McGrath


"I love taking the new ball, obviously that's the way I would prefer to go. But I'll sit down and I'll have a think about the game and which is best suited to the team as well as talk to Buck [John Buchanan] and Ricky [Ponting] and the other guys."


McGrath said it was sad to be embarking on his last tour with his Australian team-mates after a 14-year international career. "But the other side of it is come the end of this tour I get to spend more time at home and get on with the rest of my life," he said. "I am really looking forward to that."

If McGrath has to retire on a winning note then he has to open the bowling attack. He has his best chances of accumulating wickets with the new ball. This will also put pressure on the opposition right from ball one. If shawn tait bowls with the new ball, he has to make sure he doesn't give too many runs. Batsman in world cup will be brutal on opening bowlers. I am sure Ponting is the best guy to lead a side like Australia. They also have master tactician, Buck. Lets see how they can overcome the absence of key players.
 powered by clipmarks

blog comments powered by Disqus